Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Tuesday January 10, 2017 Birdie



Please see more of my artworks for sale at my NEW website:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may try to SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right although, because of a glitch in Google,  it doesn’t seem to be working at all.  Therefore I sincerely do appreciate the hundreds of regular followers.
****
Comments are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
****
Tuesday January 10, 2017
You know that I didn't really expect the Ecuadorian, Alejandro was his name, to really show up at noon to buy Toxic, did you??!!  
Cristina and I were both waiting for a #16 bus after 1:30  and none showed up until 1:50 making me late for Spanish class.  The first #16 was jam-packed and Cristina jumped on, but there was no way I was able to stand on a crowded bus with my backpack.  Since this bus was so late I figured there must have been a prior traffic problem and the buses would be trying to catch up to their schedules...  I was right.  2 minutes later another empty #16 showed up and I had a comfortable ride to Spanish class, although it was raining by now.  It is January in Cuenca....
I do so enjoy the informality of my Spanish class with Teo.  We are able to get off-topic often, converse about common problems in Spanish, all the time with his proper corrections of my improper Spanish.  Because the rains usually begin around 2pm, we changed my class to noon.  That will hopefully work OK for me.
I also did not know that Teo was very involved in politics.  In the not-so-distant past he worked hard for a heavy hitter Presidential candidate and wanted to run for a seat in the Assembly under his banner.  When the candidate asked for $70k for the privilege, that easily ended any continuing relationship.  Teo is also looking to replace our present mayor in 2 years.   I will certainly vote for him. 
We also discussed the many options that his school does provide,... and would like to provide in the future.  More on that score later.
I also have not heard from the dealer regarding the status of Buzzer yet, but that's OK.  I didn't really want to pick it up in the rain anyway.
I finally got a good look at the baby bird that Cristina is nursing back to health.  My first thought was "This is no baby!" because it is big, and covered in full feathers!  Anyway, it cannot fly and Cristina is determined to save every creature on our street.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement.   Cheers, Al 

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Nope, this is no baby...

He's a lot bigger than I expected

Under Cristina's care he should survive.