Thursday, January 5, 2017

Thursday January 5, 2017 Taxes



Please see more of my artworks for sale at my NEW website:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may try to SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right although, because of a glitch in Google,  it doesn’t seem to be working at all.  Therefore I sincerely do appreciate the hundreds of regular followers.
****
Comments are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
****
Thursday January 5, 2017
Wednesday, I went to my second last physio appointment which ended with a soothing massage.  Now I have to get busy and exercise more at home.
Then I decided to get the house taxes paid quickly so I caught the #13 downtown and got in the long line-up of seniors at the Etapa office opposite Parque Calderon.  Once they got 3 wickets open for us seniors the lineup went rather quickly.  Taxes this year went up $9 to $21.12!  I don't know whether to be upset or not, lol...
I sleepily watched Canada beat Sweden to get to the finals of the World Junior Championship then had a fitful evening, spent mostly in the recliner downstairs.  Trying to wear the neck collar almost 24 hours is not easy, or comfortable.
Today I went for my last physio appointment and Diego kinda likes that I move from exercise to exercise without instruction.  He actually asked me to come tomorrow and also to call 140 to shedule another series....  I will get to that soon.
At 2:00 I went for my first Spanish class at Instituto Cuenca and I loved it more than I knew I would.   https://www.facebook.com/insticuenca/    Teo is teaching the class exactly as I would, and giving the student the feeling that they can speak Spanish on the first day.  Using a few "helper verbs" plus the infinitive of other verbs REALLY simplifies the learning process.  I hated being in classes (that always seemed to include former teachers as students) and getting bogged down with conjugations, tenses and pluperfect who-gives-a crap.  A lot of it today was going over basics and finding out how advanced I am with my pidgin Spanish.  I am really looking forward to the next classes.
Typical January weather in Cuenca with sunny mornings and rain later in the afternoon.  It is still the most perfect year-round weather I have encountered.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement.   Cheers, Al 

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Would you complain about this 75% increase in taxes?

Rain in late afternoon in January is common