Monday, January 2, 2017

Sunday January 1, 2017 Birthday




Please see more of my artworks for sale at my NEW website:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may try to SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right although, because of a glitch in Google,  it doesn’t seem to be working at all.  Therefore I sincerely do appreciate the hundreds of regular followers.
****
Comments are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
****
Sunday January 1, 2017
Happy Birthday to me.  67 years ago I was the first baby born in 1950 in the bulging metropolis of Radville, Saskatchewan and won several cute prizes, some of which I still have.
Today was a slow day for me personally as the family went out shopping, only to discover that Coral and most stores were closed.  Given the choice of watching old soccer games, or repeats of movies, I contented myself with watching some US football, ugh...
My good wife bought birthday party supplies, cake, candles, balloons, etc and presented me with a couple of new, brightly coloured golf shirts of good quality from Colombia.  She baked a couple of pans of really meaty lasagna and the 4 of us only consumed one.  
Then the photo sessions began (not all photos are mine), and then, out came the bright blue wig that brought out the kid in me.  I've always wanted to try on a wig and soon found out how warm they can get.  All in all, I had a great Birthday celebration with some fun people that are family.
Later in the evening we took Ana to the microbus place on Remigio Crespo to catch a ride to the airport in Guayaquil.  It is a good thing that we had some intentional extra time built into our plans because the bus intended to depart at 9pm had developed problems.  The "tour" company had hurriedly made arrangements to go with another carrier before 10pm.  It is gratifying to know that she made it safely, and will be home tomorrow, early.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement.   Cheers, Al 

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
This says it all

This is how I spent most of the day

THANK YOU to Cristina

My bright new shirt

Monkey grooming?

I realize just how lucky I really am...

Nice pic.  I look a lot better than I feel of course.

With our darling Princesa

A lot of love in the room

Mariposa joins the fun

Mariposa being shy
Our normal Five in the house, our family

Turi anxious for the New Year

And Mariposa too

And the darling Princesa

Delicious meaty lasagna made by Cristina

My 3-milk Birthday cake...

The setting for celebration

Let the party begin

Posing for the blowhard

Need more wind

It took a long time to blow out all the candles (not 67 either)

Ana, Christian, Cristina, and the Birthday boy


Delicious cake too.  Mmmmm

Ok, my first time in a wig

Enjoying the silliness of the moment

Yes, I knew she was doing that..

Resigned to it all

Do you think this is me????

With the kids

Enjoying the moment

Hamming it up

And a good time was had by all